With lush rainforest, jungle-entwined mountains, legendary beaches and a wealth of culture and history, it is no wonder the Thai people are proud of their country and heritage. Taking the title, “land of the free,” Thailand is the only country in Southeast Asia that escaped western imperial rule, and its dynamic urban centers, beautiful countryside and smiling peoples are a testament to its prowess. This summer, journey with Friendship Tours World Travel (FTWT) on an adventure that takes you deep into the heart of Thailand. Filled with abundant opportunities for cultural exchange, volunteer projects and out-of-the-classroom learning; we ensure a unique experience that transcends ordinary tourism.
Thailand Discovery: July 15-27, 2012
Live, learn, travel through Thailand
Starting in the steamy metropolis of Bangkok and ending on Phuket’s illustrious beaches, this 12-day itinerary takes students across Thailand, visiting the country’s highlights. Explore the floating market, visit the Tiger Temple, volunteer at two orphanages and kayak through arching sea caves. By combining key sites with volunteer projects and educational opportunities, we’ve handcrafted an adventure that promotes cross-cultural understanding while making a positive and lasting impact on the global community.
- Take a boat ride through the winding waterways of Bangkok’s floating markets and try out your best bargaining skills.
- Explore the countryside on a mountain hike to visit hill tribe villages and learn about local culture.
- Enjoy an elephant trek through Chiang Mai’s lofty jungles, then take a wet and wild ride down the river on a traditional bamboo raft.
- Make new friends and help promote peace and healing on a volunteer project at Phuket’s Tsunami Orphanage.
- Unwind on Thailand’s illustrious white-sand beaches.
Activities & Lodging:
- Trekking, volunteer community service, urban exploration, boat trip, elephant ride & beach relaxation
- 11 nights hotels & lodges