Who says education can’t be fun? At Friendship Tours World Travel (FTWT), we understand that the most important learning goes on outside of the classroom. That’s why we’ve handcrafted unique adventures that explore South East Asia’s diverse beauty through educational and volunteer opportunities. Join us this summer on a trip through Vietnam and explore Saigon’s urban chaos, float down the lazy coils of the Mekong and climb dazzling fog-woven mountains. With FTWT, educational travel transcends ordinary tourism, by actively engaging with Vietnam’s living history and vibrant culture. This summer, receive college credit and apply your education to the world around you as you discover Vietnam’s natural beauty, history and the consequences of war, while giving back to the community through personalized volunteer projects.
Come live, learn and travel with us this summer in Vietnam!
Vietnam Discovery: June 15-29, 2012
A cultural, educational adventure from South to North
This 14-day, handcrafted itinerary combines cultural exploration, education and community service in an exciting adventure of a lifetime. Designed to help spread peace in a world increasingly at war, traveling with Friendship Tours guarantees that you get the most out of your experience abroad, while making a positive impact on the global community. Our local guides and firsthand experience ensure a unique experience that takes you off the beaten path and into the very heart of Vietnam.
· Crawl through the intricate Cu Chi Tunnels used to house 10,000 Vietnamese during the “American War”
· Experience everyday agrarian life along the Mekong Delta with a home stay with a local family
· Make new friends and help promote peace on a volunteer project at the Vietnam Friendship Village, an orphanage for veterans and children affected by Agent Orange.
· Trek through Sapa’s rice-terraced mountains and yawning valleys with a local H’mong guide.
Activities & Lodging:
· Trekking, volunteer community service, war education, cross-cultural interaction, urban exploration & boat ride.
· 13 nights hotels, home stay & night train.